DeeperSoul Blog - Deep & Soulful House Music

Non-commercial and independent music blog. Strictly 4 the love of House...

Monday, August 22

DeeperSoul Interview - Steal Vybe

.

Vinil!
.

------------------- Steal Vybe -------------------

Chris “Cee Rule” Forman

Damon “Mr. Dizzy Fingers” Bennett

"Blaze & a few others are partial inspirations, so it doesn’t bother me that some of our productions are compared to Blaze, in fact it’s a compliment!"
.
PART I
.
Could you tell us how you got into producing and about your early career?
.
Well, I was deejaying in a small club in Trenton NJ in 1997 and I met a fellow dj by the name of “DJ Gusto” that was playing there as well. Gusto was telling me on how he was a producer & that he travelled to a few other countries deejaying thru the music that he made. One of his hits was “Disco’s Revenge”, this immediately caught my attention and I thought too myself “Wow! I would love to do this”, so from that moment on I ventured on my Musical Journey…
.
What’s your music background?
.
I’ve always been into music, heavily! I mean since I was about 7 years old. I play keys and have been doing so for about 8 years or so. I taught myself for a little while, until I ran into obstacles that was over my head. From there, I started taking Piano Lessons and learning thru listening to some of my greatest inspirations, like Earth, Wind & Fire, Steve Wonder, Prince, Quincy Jones and many more musicians. I got better over the years & am still learning just like most musicians, as it takes a life time to master your craft.
.
Your productions have been frequently compared to early Blaze records, do you accept this comparison?
.
Blaze & a few others are partial inspirations, so it doesn’t bother me that some of our productions are compared to Blaze, in fact it’s a compliment!
.
As many artists these days, you have your own independent record label – Steal Vybe Music. Do you have it for any special reason?
.
Our label is just to keep the real music alive! I put out what I feel, it doesn’t matter what kind of music, just as long as it’s good music.
.
What do you think of the deep/soulful house world scene at the moment and how do you think it will be in the future?
.
I don’t think enough Soulful music is getting the credit that it deserves, but I will make sure that Soulful Music is getting plenty of burn my way, it doesn’t matter what state that the music is in, just as long as there are people like us to keep it alive!
.
PART II
.
Nowadays, we see Electro and 80’s sound influencing many House productions. Do you think that, in order to move on in house music, producers have to always look back?
.
Well, the earlier dance music is the foundation, so you may see or hear a lot of productions with that essence in the music. On producers looking back, I can’t really answer that, I can only answer it from my point of view. We do what ever comes to us musically, that’s all.
.
The number of files illegally shared on the Internet don’t stop to grow. As a producer, how is this affecting you? What could be the solution?
.
If it is effecting us, I don’t know at the moment, but what ever we do I try to keep it under the wraps until it’s released! But all I can say is that all that file sharing is hurting our industry & if it continues to happen, some people may get fed up & just stop doing music. I hope it comes to an end, but we need to come to some kind of solution because again, this is killing our industry.
.
Which producing equipment are you using?
.
Damon & I both have the same base Studio set up, PC/ Analog gear. We have plenty of software, but again, we have plenty of Old School Analog equipment as well to give that warm feel to our music.
.
What is your own favourite track, the one that you guys are most proud of?
.
Love everything that we do, our music is our babies, so we have to give an equal amount of love to all the music, besides it takes a while to come up with some of these arrangements, this why we love all the music the same.
.
Steal Vybe have already worked with many artists, mainly vocalists. Though, is there any artist with who would you like to work with?
.
There is a few that we wouldn’t mind working with, but to keep things running smooth, we keep most of the music in house, not saying that we don’t work with others, I’m just saying that if we do work with others the vybe has to be right.
.
What can we expect to hear more from Steal Vybe in the future?
.
Look out starting next month, we have a wave of DOPE Music coming! So Please stay tune & we hope all will continue to enjoy our creations. T
hanks for the support!!
.
---------------
.