DeeperSoul Blog - Deep & Soulful House Music

Non-commercial and independent music blog. Strictly 4 the love of House...

Monday, July 18

DeeperSoul Interview

Vinil!
Kenny Carvajal

.Interview (Part II)

.....DeeperSoul


PART II
.
Wich producing equipment are you using?
.
I use both software and hardware stuff. I mix on a Mackie 32:8 console, Nord Lead, MPC2000, JV1080, other rack stuff like effects, EQs and compressors. As for software, I use Cubase SX 2.0, MinimoogV, Lounge Lizard, EVP78, B4, Novation V-Station and BassStation VSTi, BlueTubes Bundle, Waves Plugins, you name it. Lately I use the EVP78 more than the Lounge Lizard for some reason.
.
What is your own favourite track, the one that you are most proud of?
.
They're all my favorite at the time. I say that because after hearing them so many times as I work on them, I get really sick of them and end up wanting to just half-ass it. I'm sure I'm not alone in this one.
But out of all, I'd say "My words" because nobody wanted it at first. I shopped it to a ton of labels but all either never responded or simply turned it down. I was getting ready to put it out myself until I got the call from Mark Mendoza and Carl Dupree from Phuture Sole, which was a wonderful surprise. To date that project has been licensed 5 times.

.
If you have the opportunity, with who would you like to work with?
.
I would love to work with so many. Down to one, probably Raul Midon. The guy is a phenominal singer and musician.
.
What records are you currently spinning every time you play?
.
"Father" F. Feliciano mix is always in my bag, "Listen for it" by M. Enochson, Franck Roger's stuff, Mr.V's "Un dia bonito", Abicah Soul's "Diablo" & "just a call away", Duron Tarik's stuff, and anything by Louie Vega.
.
What can we expect to hear more from you in a near future?
.
I have a few things coming out. One is a remix for Smooth Agent, called "Sea of Love", a remix of Dwayne Morgan's "Everything" that I did for one to watch out for label Camio out of the UK. Currently working with a very talented singer Lafayete on a new project, as well as a couple of instrumentals which might end up being vocals, we'll see...
.
I've been bad but I try to update my site, www.kennycarvajal.info, with upcoming music and mixes, so pls. visit and don't hesitate to send me an e-mail to say hi.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 am, Blogger Salvador said…

    A continuação de uma agradável conversa! Acho esta nova iniciativa das entrevistas um excelente desenvolvimento do blog! Já vi que se aproxima uma com o DJ Spen! Mais uma boa noticia!

    Cumprimentos a todos!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home