DeeperSoul Blog - Deep & Soulful House Music

Non-commercial and independent music blog. Strictly 4 the love of House...

Friday, September 23

DeeperSoul Session 09 - Mixed by Carlos Vargas

.
Vargas father is a jazz guitarist, so he grew up getting in touch with that kind of music. With big references from Stevie Wonder's style, he is a keen admirer of names like Pat Metheny, Lee Ritenour, Jamiroquai, Earth, Wind & Fire, George Benson, Joe Sample and Chacka Khan, among others. Vargas himself always had contact with musical instruments, knowing basics about piano, guitar and bass. With a very good rhythmic sense and a particularly taste for deep and funky house, he always plays a very melodic and balanced music.
Carlos Vargas has dj residencies in 3 bars (Forte, Perfumaria and Rolls – Figueira da Foz) but he also plays regularly in many other places from north to south of Portugal as guest dj. Also, he is one of the founders of the deep n'soul project that combines live interaction between musicians and Dj.
.
Download DeeperSoul Session 09 - Salsoul Attitude (live) - Mixed by Carlos Vargas
.
01. Raw Artistic Soul - Kana EP (Kana feat. Sharkie)[GoGO Music]
02. Rio Orchestra - Salsa de Rios (mettle club mix)[Mettle Music]
03. Knee Deep feat. Ghee - I Gobedea (Afro Latin mix)[Knee Deep Recordings]
04. DJ Jorg - Do you Feel (Knee Deep mix)[Knee Deep Recordings]
05. Shadow Kings feat. David Walker - Soul Music (Richard Earnshaw vocal mix)[UNDO]
06. Urban Soul - Whatever Makes you Happy (Tomo's sincere mix)[King Street]
07. Jamiroquai - Time Wont Wait (Groove Assassins mix)[CD-R]
08. Dj Karizma - 4 The Love vs Gabryelle [Defected]
09. Joey Negro - Je Suis Ta Drogue (Jackin dub mix)[WYZE]
10. Torre - Corps a Corps (CM Erodisco vocal)[SSOH]
11. P-Funkateers - FInal Fling (Groove Assassins P-Funk mix)[Look at You]
.
DeeperSoul Session 09: Getting a huge smile from the dancefloor!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn, this is a cool and groovy mix, man...

    Keep up the great work.

     
  • At 1:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW...heard this on stylenetwork.org and couldn't stop moving. Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you.

     
  • At 4:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Grande Set de House. Parabéns ao Carlos Vargas. Já conheço o seu trabalho há algum tempo e sei onde vai chegar. Metes-me a mim e a todas a minhas amigas a dançar a noite toda. Parabéns pelo sábado passado~. Foi mais uma grande noite de House no Rolls... Beijinhos da Rita
    :)

     
  • At 1:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on resonator guitars and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though DeeperSoul Session 09 - Mixed by Carlos Vargas is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at resonator guitars. If you have the energy swing by resonator guitars. I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!

     
  • At 2:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey this blog is not about guitar tab and chords. Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on guitar tab and chords and it brought me to your blog on DeeperSoul Session 09 - Mixed by Carlos Vargas. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog cakesfactory and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
    If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

     
  • At 8:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding alvarez guitars and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) cakesfactory your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on alvarez guitars was way off when compared to DeeperSoul Session 09 - Mixed by Carlos Vargas and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for alvarez guitars for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really enjoyed it.
    P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home