DeeperSoul Blog - Deep & Soulful House Music

Non-commercial and independent music blog. Strictly 4 the love of House...

Wednesday, May 23

No Rhyme, No Reason

.

Deep!

George Duke

Rhyme Or Reason (remix)

Fall Out

Some weeks ago we were blessed with a great remix by Jersey dj/producer Jihad Muhammad for the unforgettable song "No Rhyme, No Reason" by George Duke. Unfortunelly, it wasn’t released. Not very different from Jihad’s reintrepretation, David Lalla presents his remix, based on a more percussive groove but with the same irresistible elements.

sample1 > Dub

sample2 > Shelter Anthem mix

5 Comments:

  • At 9:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, Jihad's version is awesome. Unfortunately unreleased. Though I've added this release to my wishlist...

     
  • At 10:50 am, Blogger cakesfactory said…

    Yes, Artem Soulmate. As Stacey Mallory did with “Changes”, Jihad gave his awesome remix for free. Legal issues, probably...

     
  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger David Lalla said…

    Yes indeed Jihaad's mix is nice but truth be told this re-edit was done last october and floated around for a minute before Jihaad did his rendition. But who cares anyways! There were 15 different version of Jill Scott's "Golden" As long as good music is being played who cares about the format or version. I too will confess that I heard a Robin Thicke remix that Jihaad did and I turned around and did my own. Currently its buzzing hard in the UK and you can hear it on Deli G's Traxsource show and DJ Disciples "Next Level show on Cyberjamz. By the way, I too did this mix for free. Its all about making an old song...Brand New....!!!!!

     
  • At 10:09 pm, Blogger cakesfactory said…

    Hi David!
    Good to see you here.
    I love both mixes, your's and Jihad one... The difference is that I can have your mix on 12". I bought it. Congratulations for the good work, keep doing your thing.

     
  • At 5:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    where can I buy a mp3 version of the song.. went to the obvious spots, Traxsource, etc...no go

     

Post a Comment

<< Home